Tuesday 24 March 2015

Beware the Open Door!

Some people are SO afraid of change.
Some people are SO afraid to step out of their comfort zone.
And yes...I was/am one of them.

Change can be frightening.
But it can also bring so many new opportunities.
Its a matter of weighing up the pros and cons of not taking the risk to try something new.





Thats right...who knows what you will find behind a new doorway.

But if you dont open the door you will never know.

I am terrified of public speaking - yet I force myself to go there.
I still feel the fear and I can panic for days beforehand.

But...I still do it.

Not because I enjoy the pain but because I believe that I have something to say and also because it is a great way of meeting people.

My next big public speaking event comes in May - I am a guest speaker at a conference.
I have chosen to do this - I didnt have to.
But I am now committed.

This could be an opening door .

What do I have to lose?
Well being embarrassed about being nervous, stumbling over words perhaps...looking incompetent or maybe sending my audience to sleep with boredom.




Oh well.....
Or maybe...it will be fun and people will find my lecture interesting?
Maybe I can prove to myself that I can handle this and it will open the next door for me somewhere down the deep long and dark corridor that is my life - who knows!

I am choosing to be brave!


No comments:

Post a Comment