Tuesday 3 March 2015

The show must go on!

Today has not been a good day.







One of our furry family members had to be sent over the rainbow bridge - a more dedicated and loyal doggie would be hard to find. We were blessed to have him for so long.

I bought little "Chopper" 14 years ago from the RSPCA and he grew up at our place and then he went to my parents in law as a welcomed addition to their family as a companion dog.

And so my husband took him on his last journey out this afternoon so that he could finally find rest and peace after a long illness and difficult times.

But...as Freddy Mercury from Queen sings....the show must go on!



Customers and clients often dont really care if you are sad or whether you have just had a major argument with a family member or lost a bucket load of money on your last project.
They dont care what your problem is when they call you up or walk into you shop.

They want your goods or services and if you are off colour ...well frankly....that's your problem and not theirs.

It is up to you whether you are the type of person who would rather keep busy through tough times....or would rather head to a darkened room and sit in a corner.

If you are the latter....take time out and do it.
Dontr try to be a trooper and soldier on.

Take time to be real and grieve, mourn, be sad, work out a problem and stay away from those clients!
You will not do yourself or your business any good by battling on.
Either hang up the "closed' sign for a day or two or get someone to take your place.
Give yourself time to breathe.

The show might have to go on but YOU dont have to be the main attraction!

Today I spent the day keeping busy - this time I felt that this was the best way for me to get through it.




As my pets are family to me I am sure that I will have a moment this evening to take time out to send my love to our dearest "Chops" - I am sure he is playing pain free and eating all the bones he can in that great doggie heaven as I write.






No comments:

Post a Comment