Thursday 26 February 2015

You are the face of your business!






Us small business owners need to remember that we are the 'face' of our business.
Sometimes I head to the local service station to fill the car up with fuel and let's say I don't look my best - daggy jeans, crappy old shirt and hair in a scrunchie - all I want to do is slip in and out and grab some petrol or a bottle of milk and then, you can guarantee that there is always someone who says "Hi!!"So excited to come on to your next tour" or "I was following your car last week!!"
Err...were you?
I hope I wasn't singing in the car or feeding my face.
Damn - was I picking my nose? ( nah! I don't do that).

But... I do have to remember that when I am out and about I am visible and therefore should be aware that people will see me and if I forget to be well dressed or my hair isn't perfect I will be judged for that.

I know ....so shallow.
We cannot always be at our best.
Nor do we want to be.
Sometimes its just about taking it easy - we are not at work 24/7.
Yet, if we or our business is easily recognizable (especially if you drive around in a car that advertises your business) you will be noticed even when you least want to be.

Most of all remember that no matter how bad you think you might look - its all about your passion.

Your passion and your conversation and enthusiasm will always shine through.
So dont worry if you look like you just got out of bed - dazzle them with your sensational banter about YOUR BUSINESS!
Have your spiel down pat and before they know it they wont be looking at your torn and crumpled T shirt - they will be walking away googling your facebook page.

Love what you do and it will show above all else.
We cannot all be Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt but we can be the best that we can be.

The Ghost Coach says: Be passionate about your business - be your business!

No comments:

Post a Comment