Tuesday 10 February 2015

Famous last words..Trust me!

I have done a wide range of things over the years.
I have worked for others and I have worked with others.
I have been taken to some of the darkest of places when it has come to "trusting" others and in many of those circumstances I have been let down and disappointed.


I have been the pawn in game playing and power positioning.
I have been used as a scape goat for others indulging themselves in financially fraudulent activities and then forced to clear my name while they walk away as pure as the driven snow.
I have even been led down the garden path by good friends who have ended up having hidden agendas and their friendships have been just a sham.

What hurts the most in these circumstances -
Losing money -of course.
Starting over, having your good name tainted by association  - yes.
Embarrassment and feeling that you have been an idiot for not seeing an out of control situation sooner -Doh!

But most of all it is about having been lied to and seeing that trusting relationship that you had developed with people broken.

Once trust is broken things will never be the same and your decision must be to then move on or try and repair the damage.
In my experience repairing the damage has never worked.
It has been better to clear up all business dealings and just move on.

Some of us are trusting souls and we would like to think that others have the same moral standards as we do.
News Flash - they dont!

The Ghost Coach says:
Choose your business partners wisely. 
Good business partnerships are built on a foundation of trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment